Tuesday, February 4, 2014

zine


I am currently writing and cartooning a new zine and for those of you who don't know what they are, they are mini magazines, just called zines and they are totally DIY writing, layout, printing, publishing and posting to people who want to buy them. I have two main zines, one called By the Skin of My Teeth and My Baggy Pants. The first one are stories from funny and not so funny incidents that happened to me over the years with bipolar. The second zine is about my dealing with getting an eating disorder and recovering from it. Some though I have still have to be very vigilant about these days still.

So now I am working on a new zine that starts where to last issue of By the Skin of My Teeth left off in around 2011/2012 to now and how things are for me these days, getting over Andy and falling in love with Dov, dealing drug addiction, plus little flashbacks to the funny stories from mental health related stuff that I thought would tie in nicely with issue one of By the Skin of My Teeth. This one though is also half cartoons, so it's going to be interesting to see how it all turns out. In any case, the writing and drawing of these things has so far been very therapeutic.

Sarah xx

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Just noticed this post. Looking forward to another Zine from you. I really enjoyed the others!