Saturday, July 26, 2014

New things

I didn't realise how long it had been since I had made a post and I'm surprised I didn't because I have been bored out of my brain since I withdrew from my last uni subject during my hospital four day hospital stay about three weeks ago. I had an assignment due, I was having huge trouble, my mediation was being changed yet again and I couldn't concentrate, didn't know how long the side effects/withdrawals would last. Pulling out seemed like a good idea at the time but then leaves me totally out of the loop until study period 3 which starts on September 1st. Then I will be doing two subjects and will probably go out of my mind since I haven't done two before in this way.

I don't know you guys know how I am studying but it goes like this: I am doing it totally online. There are four 13 week study periods a year that run back to back, no breaks in other words unless you withdraw. I am doing a Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing and Publishing and so I have some core subjects to do and then I can pick electives. I study through this big online uni that have about 10 uni's around Australia who let us study through, so by this I mean, OUA is my main uni but my program is owned by Curtin University in Perth and I do my main core subjects through there barring one or two and then I can do electives anywhere as long as it's listed on OUAs website. Might sound confusing but it works really well.

In other news, I have a new sport. Rollerskating. I love it. I got my skates on wednesday and I am having so much fun. I used to have a pair of skates when I was young, like say 11 and I skate all over the place but always got into trouble for skating through the house. We had these awesome verandas and so I'd skate all over the front, through the house and then all over the back and back again. I even remember a few moments of skating on the trampoline, yes, scary! I had no fear. I was a skater and a trampolinist, so why not try and combine them :-P

 My cool new skates and old stripy socks :-)

Anyway, I hope you are all doing okay. I often come here and check out blogs when I can. I think I might have to start working on my zine again. I forget about all of that even when I am bored. So everyone keep safe and be well!

Sarah xx

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Cool skates! That seems like a fun thing to do. And good luck with your upcoming classes! :)