Tuesday, August 26, 2014

She just looks lost

I was going through my photos on my computer this morning adding some pictures to my phone and I found this one of me taken in February 2011.

Me Feb 2011

I look at that girl's eyes and she looks so haunted and lost, anxious even. I want to give her a hug and tell her that although there are some dark days ahead, that things will get better, that they won't be this way forever. She may not believe me and I suspect that she wouldn't but I would have loved someone to tell me that back then. I remember those days were filled with paranoia, fear, hurt, betrayal and all those things would make anyone go where I went. I am glad all those dark things happened though and that might sound crazy but what I trying to say is that, through the dark comes the light, I believe that be the case for me anyway. I have had many dark times, but I have always had a light at the end of that bend. I'm very lucky. If I hadn't had those dark days back then, I would not be here now. Dov and I are about the celebrate next week our one and a half year anniversary. I am so excited.

I hope anyone that is struggling right now has some moments of peace on the horizon. My prayers go out to you!

Sarah xx

3 comments:

annamaria said...

such an inspirational post!!

Jacqueline Hough said...

Thank you for such a beautiful post! It gives me hope!

ghost girl said...

I am glad things have changed in a good way for you. I often think of things to say to my former self,too. I think it is a sign of positive growth!