Tuesday, February 21, 2017

What I've been up to... besides trying to stay cool

Hi Guys

Sorry it's been a while. I haven't really been doing much except melting in the heat and waiting for uni to start next monday. Yay! What I have been doing though is having fun with a white hoodie, some sharpies and some rubbing alcohol. It's my new thing, Sharpie art! I was introduced to it by a lady that works where I live and it is way fun. Love it, though it is smelly work.

I got a white hoodie, some sharpies (I think the sharpies work better than generic permanent markers) and you draw whatever you want onto it, drip the clear alcohol onto it with an eyedropper or a spray gun and watch it run. I used really bright colours and it came out great I think. Then while wet I ironed it with baking paper between the inside of the hood and underneath it because the ink will come off a little onto the baking paper. So don't iron the hoodie without something over it or you will ruin your iron possibly.

Here's some pics.

Before the alcohol was dropped on

This is the same side, just round the other way

The other side

So now I have to wait for it to dry and then I will do the pocket on the front and each sleeve the same way. 

Okay, it's nearly 5am, so off to look for coffee ;)

Oh, one last thing, the ED is hitting me hard at the moment but I am okay. I am able to not indulge it but rather, just notice it, feel bloody uncomfortable and move on to the next round. I'll talk more on this next time. The sharpie art is something I can really focus on, not as a distraction but as a companion to the ED. I know that doesn't make sense but it does when you look at how we usually try and push the 'bad' stuff away and it keeps coming back, but what if we sat next to it and didn't let it hook us and just let it be. It has it's time then and it doesn't overwhelm so much. Food for thought, pardon the pun ;)

Okay, now for that coffee.

Sarah xx

2 comments:

Bella said...

So cool! I'd never have thought that sharpies and alcohol could equal something so pretty.

Good luck surviving the heat. This week's gonna be a killer D:

xx

Sairs said...

Yeah, before I tried it, I wouldn't have thought so either. I have to get back to it actually, I put it down last week and haven't picked it up since so much to do, so little time.

Luckily it's not too hot in Brissy. Hope you survive it okay :)