Saturday, March 11, 2017

More uni drama

Hi Everyone

So more uni drama, but drama in a good way. I had a big think about what I wanted to do after I get my grad dip and a friend of mine (thanks Jan) gave me a suggestion. I realised just how many people were doing the library grad dip and it made me think of getting a job afterwards and how easy or hard it would be. Plus when I was reading my textbook, one of the first things it said was "if you're scared of people, don't become a librarian, get out now!", which was kinda dramatic in itself but that was another thing to consider, as I am afraid of people, I get freaked out easy in public.

In information services at my uni, there are two streams, Library Studies and Records Management & Archives. I have worked in records three times and it wasn't too bad. I was happy in the records room with all those files, the great way to hide I say. So... I have put in an application for the Grad Dip in Records Management and Archives. I will let you know how I go with that. The good thing though is I can get credit for the subject I'm doing now because it's part of the program. I'm excited though, there are only a handful of people in my class that want to work in archives and everyone else wants to be librarians. I don't think that bodes well for the amount of jobs out there. We'll see.

In other news back to see my dietitian and have joined a gym. I am at a dangerous weight, the one where I hate, even more so, how I look because I have put on a bit of weight. I don't like it and I need to do something about it now. The danger is that switch that goes off and then I drop it all. I feel it almost take hold a few times but I am at a normalish weight but not used to that. I'm worried I will just have that 'snap' moment and it all comes tumbling down. I'll keep you posted.

Take care and be kind to yourselves. I am trying to do the same.

Sarah xx

No comments: